Since ancient time, art has become a true reflection of the society. Today in the modern world, the people seems to be attracted towards the traditional art and craft. They believe that the art is the only medium through which they can transmit the traditional culture of art and craft to the upcoming generations. Tribal people are god-gifted with their art and craft skills. They use these skills to create different artefacts and objects that are their original creativity. They believe that their skills are not for creating the beautiful art objects but in fact their skills are their only way to earn the livelihood. The present research paper is a study about the tribal art which is the famous traditional art form of Dang district in the state of Gujarat. We tend to discuss various art form with their local names, how the tribes of Dang district traditionally utilize their forerunning tradition of art, the usefulness of art resources in practical life and the techniques of making the tribal art. The tribal people used these artefacts and objects in their daily lives, for household purpose, farming purpose as well as during celebrations and festivals. The unique tribal art is their main source of income after their hard work of creating amazingart.
Cite this article:
Varun Kumar Damor. “Tribal Art’ – A historical study in respect of Tribals of Dang District. Int. J. Ad. Social Sciences. 2019; 7(3-4):49-54. doi: 10.5958/2454-2679.2019.00011.2
Varun Kumar Damor. “Tribal Art’ – A historical study in respect of Tribals of Dang District. Int. J. Ad. Social Sciences. 2019; 7(3-4):49-54. doi: 10.5958/2454-2679.2019.00011.2 Available on: https://ijassonline.in/AbstractView.aspx?PID=2019-7-2-3
1. Jadav Bheravatsinh. ‘Gujarat Local and Cultural Information Department, Gujarat’ (1994).
2. Shah A. G. and Dave J. K. ‘Social Research Methodology.’ Anada Publication.
3. Shri Duttatriya Bhaskar. ‘Dang: Ek Samyak Darshan.’ Informative Database Department, Dang (1978).
4. Shri Hakubhai Shah and Shri DhirendraKopar. ‘Gujarati Encyclopaedia Vol.- 1’. Gujarati Encyclopaedia (2009)
5. Shri LaluVasava. ‘Jai Adivasi.’ Dang Seva Mandal, Ahawa (2001).
6. Dr. M. N. Gaiyakwad. ‘Social Change in Konkani Adivasis’ (Ph.D. Sh. N.). Veer Narmada University (2000).