The traditional business of the above mentioned three Kangsia settlements located in the parts of Bhavnagar city was to sell handicrafts. Almost all the families were doing the business of making and distributing Kangsi means toothpicks. Hence their caste name Kangsia Padi in the present day the effects of the process of social change are changing the traditional elements of culture and profession among the Kangsias. At the same time the Kangsias have sustained some elements of their traditional culture. Their dress profession varies completely while traditions and customs have changed somewhat. The caste panchayat, which traditionally dominates the caste, still maintains strict social control among the Kangsias.
Cite this article:
Jaydevsinh B. Rayjada. Challenges against the identity of Kangasia (Regarding Bhavnagar District). International Journal of Advances in Social Sciences. 2023; 11(3):137-1. doi: 10.52711/2454-2679.2023.00021
Jaydevsinh B. Rayjada. Challenges against the identity of Kangasia (Regarding Bhavnagar District). International Journal of Advances in Social Sciences. 2023; 11(3):137-1. doi: 10.52711/2454-2679.2023.00021 Available on: https://ijassonline.in/AbstractView.aspx?PID=2023-11-3-2
1. Research Methods and Procedures. University Granth Nirman Board, Karnavati. Dr. Haribhai G. Desai and Dr. Krishnakanth G. Desai Fourth Edition: 2002
1. Qualitative Social Research. Anada Book Depot. Dr. Harshida Dave First Advanced Edition – 2013/14.
2. Society in India – Structure and Change. Anada Book Depot. Prof. A. G. Shah, Prof. J. K. Dave. First Advanced Edition – 2004/05.
3. Freedom Struggle Me Tribes' Contribution (Hindi), Sankrishna Jagran Mandal, Pune. Anuradha Deshpande. Second edition – 15 August 2022
4. Research Methods and Procedures. Pasharva Publication Karnavati. Dr. Jayeshbhai N. Barot, Prof. Sangitaben S. Patel’ First Edition: 2012
5. Concept of Deprivation in India – Individual and State. Samajkaran – Mouthpiece of Gujarat Social Seva Mandal, Editor: Bhupendra Brahmabhat January 2018.