T. Narayana Reddy, Syed Mohammad Ghouse, Ravi Kumar J S
email@example.com , firstname.lastname@example.org , email@example.com
T. Narayana Reddy1, Syed Mohammad Ghouse2, Ravi Kumar J S3
1Associate Professor, Department of Management, Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University, Ananthapuramu, Andhra Pradesh, India.
2Associate Professor, School of Management, Presidency University, Bangalore, Karnataka, India.
3Asst Professor, Department of Management Studies, Ballari Institute of Technology and Management, Ballari, Research Scholar, Department of Management, Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University,
Ananthapuramu, Andhra Pradesh, India.
Volume - 10,
Issue - 4,
Year - 2022
The purpose of this study was to determine the influence ratio of outdoor advertisements on survey participants (consumers) and to measure the effects on participants' purchasing behavior. The research also attempted to specify the different characteristics of outdoor advertisements in comparison to other advertising instruments. The other research aims are to designate the status of outdoor advertisements among the advertisement instruments which are thought to have an effect on the purchasing behavior of consumers and to determine the effects and dimensions of outdoor advertisements. A face-to-face interview survey is conducted on 200 respondents who are selected with non-random sampling. Data were analyzed by using T-test, variant analysis and factor analysis. The result of the analysis shows that people generally have positive opinions about outdoor advertisements. They think that outdoor advertisements are more eye-catching and creative when compared to other advertisement types and their physical size lends them an effective visual impact. Respondents also stated that outdoor advertisements contribute to the cityscape in terms of variety and beauty, and they do not pollute the environment. However, awareness of outdoor advertisement amongst some people is relatively low. The results of the study indicate that outdoor advertisements which create different ideas, which are effective in informing and persuading people and which are sensitive to the environment can be viewed positively by consumers. In particular, amongst consumers with higher educational and income levels, outdoor advertisements are becoming striking and their visibility is increasing.
Cite this article:
T. Narayana Reddy, Syed Mohammad Ghouse, Ravi Kumar J S. Outdoor Advertising and Consumer Behaviour. International Journal of Advances in Social Sciences. 2022; 10(4):141-8.
T. Narayana Reddy, Syed Mohammad Ghouse, Ravi Kumar J S. Outdoor Advertising and Consumer Behaviour. International Journal of Advances in Social Sciences. 2022; 10(4):141-8. Available on: https://ijassonline.in/AbstractView.aspx?PID=2022-10-4-1
1. Assael, Henry. Marketing: Principles & Strategy, 2. Ed. The Dryden Press, (1993)
2. Avşar, Zakir ve Müge elden. Reklam ve Reklam Mevzuatı, Ankara: Piramit Yayınları, (2001)
3. Berkovıtz, Eric N., Roger A. Kerın, Steven W. Hartley, William ruderlıus; Marketing, 4. Ed. Irwin Inc. (1994).
4. Bhargava, Mukesh, & Donthu (1999). Sales Response to Outdoor Advertising, Journal of Advertising Research, July/August
5. Civelek, Nihan; “Mecra: Açık havada Neler Oluyor? Açık hava Türkiye için Yeni Bir Mecra”, MediaCat Aylık Pazarlama; İletişim Dergisi, Yıl:11, Sayı: 101, Haziran. (2003), ss: 45-47.
6. Cunningham, A., & Coleman, R. (2003). Outdoor Recall, An Examination of Outdoor Advertising Recall Effectiveness, Louisiana State University Manship School of Mass communication. Louisiana, USA
7. Donthu, N., Cherian, J., and Bhargava, M. (1993), Factors Influencing Recall of Outdoor Advertising, Journal of Advertising Research, Mumbai, India
8. Hussain, G. and Nizamani, R.K. (2011). “Factors Affecting Consumer Attention in Billboards Advertising”, South Asian Journal of Management Sciences, Vol. 5: 60- 64.
9. Kocabaş, Füsun ve Müge Elden. Reklamcılık, İstanbul: İletişim Yayınları, 2001.
10. Lichtenthal, J. David, Vivek Yadava, Naveen Donthub. “Outdoor Advertising for Business Markets”, Industrial Marketing Management, 35, (2006), pp: 236-247
11. Mustafa, G., Sukran, K. and Olgun, K. (2010). “The effect of outdoors advertisements on consumers: A case study. Studies in Business and Economics, year 5, No 5 Issue, August 2010.
12. Shubhakar Gootam, K. Sanjay Kumar. Indian Retail Sector- Recent Trends, Changes and Challenges. Asian J. Management 5(2): April-June, 2014 page 133-139.
13. Anahita Naderian, Rohaizat Baharun. Corporate Social Responsibility and Consumer Behavior. Asian J. Management; 6(4): Oct.-Dec., 2015 page 249-255.
14. Nidhi Jhawar, Vivek S. Kushwaha. Visual Merchandising and Impulse Buying Behavior with special reference to Retail Industry. Asian J. Management; 2017; 8(4):1168-1172.
15. Ravikumar J. S, Syed Mohammad Ghouse, T. Narayana Reddy. A Study on Effectiveness of Google Virtual Tour on Business Promotions. Asian Journal of Management. 2018; 9(1):548-554.
16. Amardeep Kaur Ahluwalia, Preeti Sanan. Consumer Learning in Indian Schools. Asian J. Management; 2017; 8(4):1311-1314.
17. Nishi Shubhita Rakesh, Shreya Nanda, VishakhaRaghav, Smita Mehendale. E-Word of Mouth in Tourism Sector – A Methodological and Thematic Review. Asian Journal of Management. 2018; 9(1):829-833.
18. Partha Prasad Chowdhury. Role of use of Social Media on Effective Buying Decision Process: A Study of Consumer buying Behavior in the Context of Bangladesh Market. Asian Journal of Management. 2019; 10(1): 53-60.
19. Ravi Kumar J S, T. Narayana Reddy, Syed Mohammad Ghouse. Role of Servicescape on Student Institution Choice. Asian Journal of Management. 2021; 12(3):271-8. doi: 10.52711/2321-5763.2021.00041 https://ajmjournal.com/AbstractView.aspx?PID=2021-12-3-6
20. Partha Prasad Chowdhury. Factors affecting Buyer Behavior: A Study on the Consumers of Two-Wheelers (Motorcycles) of Dhaka City. Asian Journal of Management. 2019; 10(1): 33-41
21. Initha Rina. R, Murali Manohari. G, Preetha Leena. R. An Empirical Study on Consumer behaviour and market Segmentation among Children towards fast food in Coimbatore District. Asian Journal of Management. 2019; 10(4):357-362.
22. Manika Jain, Jhanvi Khurana. An Investigation into the relationship between AI enabled Chabot Interface and Online buying behavior of Consumers in Delhi NCR Region. Asian Journal of Management. 2022;13(1):11-6.
23. Ravi Kumar J S, Syed Mohammad Ghouse, T. Narayana Reddy. Influence of Social Media on Voter Behaviour. Asian Journal of Management. 2021;12(4):367-4. doi: 10.52711/2321-5763.2021.00055 https://ajmjournal.com/AbstractView.aspx?PID=2021-12-4-3