Today's world is based on the trade and commerce. Various research have developed theories and models to explain the impact of RTAs on trade creation and trade diversion. This research paper aims to find out the trade pattern of India with ASEAN countries since globalization and the study also analyses the impact of implementation of Indo-ASEAN free trade agreement on merchandise and trade of India between 1991 to 2019.
Cite this article:
P.K. Singh, Mahesh Pandey. Indo-ASEAN Regional trade agreement after Globalization: An analysis of Merchandise Goods. Int. J. Ad. Social Sciences. 2020; 8(4):227-234. doi: 10.5958/2454-2679.2020.00013.4
P.K. Singh, Mahesh Pandey. Indo-ASEAN Regional trade agreement after Globalization: An analysis of Merchandise Goods. Int. J. Ad. Social Sciences. 2020; 8(4):227-234. doi: 10.5958/2454-2679.2020.00013.4 Available on: https://ijassonline.in/AbstractView.aspx?PID=2020-8-4-18
1. Dash, P.K. (2010), India-ASEAN: Trade in goods agreement, sme Times, 20 January 2010. New Delhi, India.
2. Pal, P. and M. Dasgupta (2009) 'The ASEAN-India free trade agreement: An assessment EPW, Vol. XLIV, No. 38 Mumbai.
3. Lee, H. and V.K.S. Liew (2007): ASEAN+3 or ASEAN+6: which way forward, Asian development, IUP Journal of applied Economics, Vol, VI, No. 6, PP. 7-20.
4. Ahmed, S. India-ASEAN free trade agreement: A sectoral analysis, SSRN working paper 1698849 (2010)
5. Harilal, K.N. (2010) ASEAN free trade area-noises of dissent from deep south, state planning Board occasional paper, Kerala State planning Board, India.
6. Sen, R.M.G. Asher and R.S. Rajan (2004). ASEAN-India economic relation: current status and future prospects, discussion paper no, 73 Research and information system for non aligned and other developing countries (RIS), New Delhi.
7. Manner. H.G. (2008), International trade policy -pg.55
8. Mannur. H.G. (2002), " International trade policy pg 152.
9. RTA date base of WTO (2016) www. WTO.ic.in
10. Martyn, Tim (2001), "A complete guide to the regional Trade agreements of the Aisa-Pacific" The Australian APEC study centre.
11. Scolly Robert (2006) "Regionalism in Asia. pg-26
12. Lynch, A. David (2010), Trade and Globalization: an introduction to regional trade agreements" Rawan and Littlefield publishers. united kingdom
13. Batra, Amita (2009), India-ASEAN FTA- A critique" IPCS issue brief No. 116
14. EX-IM bank of India (2015), Catalyzing India's trade and investment" a report (2015 Jan 1). www. eximsbank.com.
15. Praveen, P. (2011) ASEAN: Historical and structural overview, "in P. Areunachalm, India-ASEAN free trade agreement: challenges and opportuntites (PP-393-398). New Delhi: serial publication.
16. The Hindu, Business line (2014), India's export to ASEAN regions set to touch $ 280 bn in 10 years: Report, (2014 Aug 24)
17. Mannur, H.G. (2005), " International trade policy" pg-148
18. ASEAN-agreement charter,
19. Mitra P.P. (2011),"Quest for globalization" India's Direction of trade in recent year' (economic advisor, ministry of finance, Govt of India), Vanijya. pg 28-38.