The news these days is either being censored or highly politicized. There is no ‘clean and clear’ picture anymore. “If You Don’t Read the Newspaper You Are Uninformed, If You Do Read the Newspaper You Are Misinformed” are the words said by Mark Twain. In this paper, we will see what is the general perception of the people regarding how media works and what are their opinions on issues such as the journalists being threatened, news being politicised or censored and what could be the possible solution for such matters. The dialogue process of various stakeholders in the process is studied. News to be brought out to the public as it is with utmost truth and reality in it so as to let them form their own opinions and freely accept or criticise it.
Cite this article:
Aishwarya Anishka. News is Either Censored or Politicised (A study of the Indian News Scenario). Int. J. Ad. Social Sciences. 2020; 8(3):78-86. doi: 10.5958/2454-2679.2020.00007.9
Aishwarya Anishka. News is Either Censored or Politicised (A study of the Indian News Scenario). Int. J. Ad. Social Sciences. 2020; 8(3):78-86. doi: 10.5958/2454-2679.2020.00007.9 Available on: https://ijassonline.in/AbstractView.aspx?PID=2020-8-3-3
1. A (2015, January 18). Censor board should be loyal to government not to political parties: Rajyavardhan Singh Rathore. Retrieved November 05, 2017, from http://www.india.com/news/india/ censor-board-should-be-loyal-to-government-not-to-political-parties-rajyavardhan-singh-rathore-250988/
2. Anil Kumar Pathlavath, (2018). Video for Change: Adolescent Video Active Girls (VAG) Project. Res. J. Humanities and Social Sciences. 2018; 9(1): 100-106. DOI No: 10.5958/2321-5828.2018.00018.9
3. Biswas, S. (2015, August 11). The fear of censorship in Indian media. Retrieved October 09, 2017, from http://www.bbc.com/ news/33844154
4. Deibert, R. J. (n.d.). Black Code: Censorship, Surveillance, and the ... Retrieved February 27, 2018, from http://www.bing.com/ cr?IG=BC7D0B7E118B4595AD5E0DCA8A0F5400&CID=0F38F761F8AC6BF9360DFCC2F9036A8D&rd=1&h=YowaTlxkvpz8VT6rHSqZzSOc9CGTSY--2Mnw2E6ZVEY&v=1&r= http%3a% 2f%2fthesociologycenter.com%2fsupscibiblog%2fBlackCode.pdf&p=DevEx,5067.1
5. Development of Mobile phone technology in Kenya and India. Anil Kumar Patlavath. 2013 .3, S. l.: Casirj,2013, International Research Journal of Commerce, Arts and Science, Vol. 4 www.CASIRJ.com
6. Howard, P. N. (2011, September 9). When do states disconnect their digital networks? Regime ... Retrieved November 07, 2017, from https://www.bing.com/cr?IG=AEFEAF545AEF4F8CBEC1C 613FCB99641&CID=06B106E1BE556DA317B60D42BFFA6C9B&rd=1&h=s903_dLBef4WKILIx53Q9QvRb6t74w0wZ7H8KydlU4o&v=1&r=https%3a%2f%2fexperts.umich.edu%2fen%2fpublications%2fwhen-do-states-disconnect-their-digital-networks-regime -responses&p=DevEx,5042.1
7. Johari, A. (2017, May 02). Attacks, bans, censorship: On World Press Freedom Day, a report on India's 'shrinking liberty'. Retrieved October 07, 2017, from https://scroll.in/article/836394/ attacks-bans-censorship-on-world-press-freedom-day-a-report-on-indias-shrinking-liberty
8. Kumar, A. (2019). Service-Learning: A Curriculum for Deliberations and Demonstrations. International Journal of Research and Analytical, 28.
9. Pathlavath, A. K. (2010). Girls amplify their voices in Hyderabad. 10 Tactics.
10. Pathlavath, A. K. (2010). Homebody to video maker. Http://Www.thehoot.org.
11. Pathlavath, A. K. (2010). Speaking for themselves. Http://Www.thehoot.org.
12. Pathlavath, A. K. (2013). Development of Mobile Phone Technology in Kenya and India. Shri Paramhans Education and Research Foundation Trust, 4(3), 54–68. https://doi.org/10.32804/CASIRJ
13. Pathlavath, A. K. (2016). Children as Media Producers (CAMP). Face.
14. Pathlavath, A. K. (2018). Video for Change: Adolescent Video Active Girls (VAG) Project. Research Journal of Humanities and Social Sciences, 9(1), 100-106. DOI No: 10.5958/2321-5828.2018.00018.9
15. Pathlavath, Anil Kumar. (2013). “Development of Mobile Phone Technology in Kenya and India” International Research Journal of Commerce, Arts and Science, 4(3), 55-68.
16. Pathlavath, Anil Kumar. (2017). "Participatory Video Practice: Amplifying Adolescent Girls’ Voice Through Video." Organising Committee: 34. ISBN No. 978-93-5267-935-5
17. Sarkhel, A. (2017, July 17). India shut down internet 29 times in 2017 - ETtech. Retrieved October 07, 2017, from http://tech.economictimes.indiatimes.com/news/internet/india-shut-down-internet-29-times-in-2017/59627417
18. Sibal, P. (2017, May 31). Journalists in Delhi-NCR receive identical messages threatening them with Gauri Lankesh's fate https://t.co/tRwS8kiPSz via @scroll_in: Sanjoy K Roy. Retrieved October 08, 2017, from http://www.relatest.com/ 20170928913270486439673856
19. Yarden, Y. (2012). Politicised Socially Engaged Art and New Media Art. Politicised Socially Engaged Art and New Media Art, 72(24 Supplement). doi:10.1158/0008-5472.sabcs12-bl-1